In honor of this momentous occasion, we had a Pajamas and Pancakes Birthday Brunch. The menu consisted of typical brunch fare: two different egg casseroles (thanks, Mom!), mini-bagels, cream cheese, a fruit platter, bacon, yogurt, and pancakes (of course). But the best part was the toppings bar for the yogurt and pancakes. Strawberries, blueberries, granola, mini-marshmellows, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and gummy bears. In addition to the food, we provided coffee and mimosas for the adults, as penance for giving their kids so much sugar.
It was a fabulous party, and I'm so grateful to my Mom and Sister-in-law for helping me pull it off. I could not have done it without you! I also had not one, but two photographers in the house - Ms. Antoinette Charles, and her assistant, my nephew and budding photographer, Tyree.
There are way more than 10 photos this month, I've decided that it's my project, and I can damn well post as many photos as I want. So there.
![]() |
| The color scheme was hot pink and zebra print, because she's such a wild child. :) |
![]() |
| The only thing I personally made for this party (besides the decor) were these super bright sugar cookies with Hershey's Hugs in the center. (FYI, a little coloring gel goes a LONG way.) |
![]() |
| While waiting for the party to really get started, the kids made Fruit Loop necklaces. I didn't snap this photo until the party was well underway. Notice how the container is practically empty. |
![]() |
| I think the kids enjoyed the pancake relay race the most. They were split into two teams and had to walk up and back while balancing a "pancake" (paper plate) on a spatula. |
![]() |
| The husband, attempting to bring order to the chaos. |
![]() |
| Another activity to keep the little ones occupied - door hangers. |
![]() |
| Pancake time! |
![]() |
| My helpers |
![]() |
| We've been using the same baker since the girl's first birthday party. We have yet to be disappointed. Her cakes (and cupcakes) look and taste amazing. |
![]() |
| You can barely see them, but my pajama bottoms were zebra print. Because you have to CO-OR-DIN-ATE. (Anyone get that movie reference?) |
![]() |
| My five-year-old. Sigh... |












You have the best parties, Nik!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your little firecracker.
Best party idea ever! I think I'll steal it, thanks. :) Your kids are adorable - happy birthday Syd!
ReplyDeleteThis was extremely entertaining and so very cute. I've watched Sydney since her first baby photo was published and she grows more darling through the years. Your son is quite a handsome little man too.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your themed party ideas, and this one continues the highly imaginative tradition. It reminds me of the events I've done for my children and grandschildren, and lets me know that you're the kind of Mom who believes in adding special elements to make your children's birthdays unforgettable.